Star Mountain’s Brett Hickey will be participating on the SBIC Seminar Session: The Story Keeps Getting Better at 11:45am on Tuesday, May 17, 2017.
In recent years, the SBIC industry has enjoyed record licensing levels and capital inflows. The success of the SBIC program can be attributed to a healthy balance between the SBA, as the governing body, the SBIA (and its predecessor NASBIC), as the industry’s trade association, in terms of regulation and advocacy, and the performance of SBICs as an investment class. By all accounts, the SBIC program continues to fulfill its mission to “facilitate the flow of long-term capital to America’s small businesses.” There is record capital under the program’s management, and a continued fine-tuning of the rules for licensing and investing bode will for a healthy future.
The panel will be moderated by Alan Roth, Partner at Jenner & Block LLP and speakers include:
- Tom Gorman, Partner, Seacoast Capital
- Brett Hickey, Founder & CEO, Star Mountain Capital, LLC
- Carl Kopfinger, Senior Vice President & Managing Director, TD Bank
- Brett Palmer, President, Small Business Investor Alliance (SBIA)
- Tim Rafalovich, Senior Vice President, Institutional LP Investor, Manager of Alternative Equity Group (Private Equity), Wells Fargo Bank
- David Magdol, Vice Chairman & Chief Investment Officer, Main Street Capital Corporation
- Mark Walsh, Associate Administrator, Office of Investment and Innovation, U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)